a food additive, used in foodstuffs and in food enzymes and nutrients - on the principles specified in EC Regulation 1333/2008 on food additives. It is also known as sodium bicarbonate.
- is one of the ingredients of baking powder,
- an ingredient of powder drinks and effervescent tablets,
- processed cereal and other foodstuffs intended for infants and toddlers,
- a limited additive for cocoa and chocolate products.
- raising substance - releasing gas, thus increasing the volume of the dough,
- acidity regulator - a substance that changes or controls the acidity or alkalinity of a foodstuff,
- a carrier in food enzymes and nutrients,
- is well soluble in water.