an anti-caking substance, carrier, bulking agent.
- It can be found in most fast food and instant dishes, and protects them against sticking and foaming
- it is also added to loose products, e.g. rice, salt, dairy mixtures or spices
- it is also used in cosmetics as an ingredient in many creams, masks and balms due to its water storage properties.
- absorbs moisture from the environment
- is multifunctional and facilitates the production process
- is chemically inert, which means that it does not react with other substances.